Tuesday, August 2, 2011

the long and short of it



Last december, I chopped all of my hair off. Some people liked it. Most people didn’t. The comment I heard most was “Sayang! Ang ganda ng buhok mo!”
                        
But to me, it’s just hair. It’ll grow back. I wanted to prove to myself that I wasn’t defined by my long curly locks (although I did love my long curly locks…)
And it’s kind of frustrating too that we (or I) still live in a society where most people have this stereotypical view of beauty. “girls are only beautiful w/ long hair.” “guys should not have long hair.” “tattoos are for ex-cons…” (ok that’s another story.)
I’m not really sure why I cut my hair. Maybe i wanted a change…maybe it was Emma Watson (haha!)…but maybe I wanted to prove to myself that I am not afraid of change and that I am not someone who plays by stereotypical rules.



My hair is growing back now. But I don’t regret getting it pixied. Call me brave, but hey, it’s just hair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment